Sadly we live in a world consumed with hatred, danger, and trials; therefore, for me a daily prayer for my family is essential.
I have experienced scripture to be full of wonderful passages to recite when praying not only for safety for your family, but also in times where there is a need for unity, wisdom, patience and understanding.
Here are a few for you to consider:
1. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. – Colossians 3:16
2. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.– 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
3. And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them. -Luke 6:31
4. The Lord watch between you and me, when we are out of one another’s sight.– Genesis 31:49
5. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate. – Mark 10:9
6. You, LORD, hear the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry.– Psalm 10:17
7.The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace. – Numbers 6:24-26
8. But the Lord is faithful and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. –2 Thessalonians 3:3
9. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. –Deuteronomy 31:6
10. I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? 2 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. 3 He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber; 4 indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The LORD watches over you— the LORD is your shade at your right hand; 6 the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; 8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. –Psalms 121